Hero

You can make a difference in the fight against lupus
3 cheers for young advocate Tiffany Alsbury

I used to be a cheerleader, but that changed when I was 16.
I started experiencing joint pain and severe fatigue. I could no longer make it through practice. My teammates thought I was just being lazy, but it wasn’t laziness—it was lupus.
Because of lupus, I'm no longer able to cheer, but Iam able to work with the Lupus Foundation of America as an advocate for myself and the millions of others impacted by lupus.
Your donation this December will support people like me, by helping me continue to raise awareness and inspire others to advocate for increased funding for lupus research and access to the care and services we need to fight this disease.
This past spring I came to Washington to meet with my Senators and Representatives and urged them to provide funding for lupus research. They listened and provided $5 million for a new lupus research program at the Department of Defense!
I also returned to Washington this fall to share with Congress and the pharmaceutical industry how lupus has completely changed my life. I, along with hundreds of other lupus warriors, wanted our government and industry leaders to understand how this disease impacts our lives so we can get people living with lupus better treatments faster.
Your gift will ensure that people like me can continue to stand strong and advocate for all those living with lupus.
Donate Now

Join me today and become a lupus hero.
signed, Tiffany
Tiffany Alsbury
Lupus Advocate
Hattiesburg, Mississippi


Popular Posts