Making a difference in the fight against lupus
Meet the lupus researcher working to save children's lives

Each day I put on my lab coat, I become a Lupus Hero.
As a lupus researcher funded by the Lupus Foundation of America, I am working to develop a home test to assess kidney function in children. If successful, the test would help children avoid the need for a painful and invasive kidney biopsy.
Up to 80% of children with lupus will develop lupus nephritis. If not adequately controlled, lupus nephritis can lead to kidney failure, the need for chronic dialysis or kidney transplantation, and even death.
My work aims to give children a quicker, more accurate diagnosis so that they can start being treated as soon as possible. An earlier diagnosis and treatment can preserve kidney function and help maintain a better quality of life.
When you make a donation to the Lupus Foundation of America, you too can become a Lupus Hero and potentially help save children’s lives.
Donate Now

Your year-end, tax-deductible donation will help me continue my research. And it will allow us to raise awareness of lupus’ devastating effects and provide services and support to those impacted.

This December, please give generously.
Dr. Sullivan
Dr. Kathleen Sullivan, MD, PhD
Lupus Researcher, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia

Popular Posts